C4 Picasso front suspension coil spring - video

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Rosanbo

C4 Picasso front suspension coil spring - video

Post by Rosanbo » 16 May 2019, 15:33

I found this and it's a good video on replacing coil springs C4 Picasso Mk1 - I guess similar to the Mk2 ?

Richard,
I was looking to find out how the air duct comes out...The air duct on Mk2 Picasso from the top of the radiator to the rear of the engine a plastic 3 inch diameter air duct. in the thumbnail of this video (or runtime 3:00) you can see it bottom left next to the battery. That is the air duct on the top, I am on about the air duct directly underneath that one, It looks like a push fit but I have tried pulling on it and it does not come out...

Also, for everyone, a confusion in the video at
3:35 he seems to undo the top strut nut anticlockwise
6:08 he is torquing it anticlockwise ?

Last edited by Rosanbo on 16 May 2019, 16:12, edited 4 times in total.

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: C4 Picasso front suspension coil spring - video

Post by GiveMeABreak » 16 May 2019, 15:44

Crikey, what a faff - apart from the normal hub routine, dismantling half the engine bay trim , wipers off, brake fluid res off, bulkhead trim off - just to get to the bolt for the strut! That's the trouble with these - all so compact and crammed in that doing anything is a nightmare it seems.

Rosanbo

Post by Rosanbo » 16 May 2019, 15:51

My thoughts exactly. Dreading the day I might have to consider this. At this time they are OK on my car, I might have to be more careful with potholes and speed bumps from now on.

RichardW
Forum Treasurer

Post by RichardW » 16 May 2019, 20:18

It's not so hard to get the scuttle and wipers off really, and it does open up the top of the engine! I had to take the wiper motors out as well to get enough room to get an allen key in the top of the strut, and the spanner off when I did the springs on our Mk1.

What engine have you got in your Mk2 ? I've not investigated ours, but it's a Blue HDi - my 3008 has the DV6C engine, the pipe comes out by rotating it.

Rosanbo

Post by Rosanbo » 16 May 2019, 20:46

I have a DV6C engine -from my engine oil thread- I'll try rotating it now...

That worked.. anticlockwise twist about 20 - 30 degrees and then pull.

Thank you.

Rosanbo

Post by Rosanbo » 18 May 2019, 00:07

Richard are there any other car makes/models that use the DV6C engine layout as we find in the C4 Picasso ? Thinking I could buy a haynes manual if another car has the same engine... Ideally I mean the exact same layout or very similar. EDIT: Ah you said above your 3008 has the DV6C. Is there a Haynes for that, what year is it?

And maybe the other manufacturers have a different sump with a better design for draining the all the oil out...and it will be interchangeable with the Citroen DV6C sump.