Gauging interest - collection must go

An area for all matters concerning the Citroen CX.

Moderator: RichardW

andmcit

Gauging interest - collection must go

Post by andmcit » 02 May 2015, 18:02

I'm back so I must still be alive but it's under duress.

I haven't even been on the forum here 'hiding' so to speak let alone posting, I simply couldn't bring myself to log on and am only doing so now reluctantly.

I sadly now need to move on most of my collection of weird wonderful and in most cases rare Citroëns before they get picked up and sent to the crusher which is why I'm sounding the real diehards amongst you to ask if you would be interested in anything for yourself that I now need to move on!? There's going yo be plenty of Xantiae, Xm and CX to choose from and if I can muster respectable prices without excessive hassles it would far welcome that more than enduring idiots on ebay or dealing direct with the scrapman...

Life hasn't been particularly kind to me in the recent past with a few really nasty episodes which have all but deflated me and the one thing I really don't need right now is extra hassles, time wasting and promises that don't get followed up. I've been here now on both sides of the equation and my heart really isn't in it.
Anyway, drop me a line if you want to talk Citroëns - I haven't done so for years now.

Off the top of my head there's going to be a few rough around the edges cosmetically but very solid CX GTi T1 S1's and 2's a couple of s1 Prestiges, a rolling s2 Limousine shell with DTR running gear and a few GTi S2's - to be honest there's more but I'm in the process of making a list and grading completeness, condition etc. Don't expect to drive any of these as they've been off the road in some cases for quite a long time so a flatbed or trailer is necessary along with insane bravery and a sense of direction to venture into south west wales. (Swansea)

Ultimately, there's almost certainly going to be a car for everyone as I'm aiming to trim down from 90 to 30 cars...

With a looming deadline date just to quicken the pulse and sharpen the thinking process. I could try and find an alternative space but with my current luck that will likely only appear the day after I've crushed everything. Who said I'd lost my sense of humour?

Andrew

andmcit

Re: Gauging interest - collection must go

Post by andmcit » 03 May 2015, 00:39

A bit more flesh to the bones after spending a bit of time gathering thoughts for wurlycorner:

Things are very fluid at the moment as logic is fighting sentimental attachment to some cars so I'll just lay the facts out as they are and once I harden the choices and make a definitive list we can get more specific, with photos, mileages etc etc but I'm certain there will always be something I have that could appeal to you. Let's be clear, these have probably got stuffed tyres and heaven knows what the exhausts are like now but they've all been dry stored. I really don't expect them to require any serious structural rebuild welding (they're not GS's) UNLESS SPECIFICALLY MENTIONED - battery tray maybe?

Anyhow, the list in a quick overview*:

s1 Y reg LHD swordfish grey 2.4 manual - my first CX and a bit banged about but a really rare car. Engine really needs swapping and new nosecone welded in with new bonnet - brave resto but one I intended to do for sentimental reasons

s1 A plate Prestige black 2.5 auto with good bodywork/bodyshell but challenged interior and paint in places. Should be a runner without too much gymnastics. Vandalised front screen and bonnet.

s1 A plate Prestige gold 2.5 auto - slightly stripped down interior but complete - was going to have a proper body prep and respray to a different colour but business folded. Not sure if it will run

s2 LHD ex Geoff Rothon DTR manual - IIRC it needs a clutch, x4 doors and interior in metallic burgundy

s1 T1 GTI - blue - Motorsport magazine cover car - very tired paint but solid body structure - attempt to repair base of window pillar by previous keeper incomplete and 3" wing tip cut off. Should run.

s1 T1 GTi - silver - very tired paint and damage to nsf wing - complete but never seen running - not sure if spares or project car

s1 T1 GTi - silver - runner and not bad bodywork - one I'd keep if I can - a bit weatherworn around the edges but bodystucture good

s2 T1 GTi - blue with mismatching primer bonnet (that's a bit rubbish) and repaired osr wing unfinished - should run and good bodystructure - needs better front bumper

s2 T2 GTi - grey complete and was running but haven't had recent opportunity to coax it up into a runner after slumber - bodystructure very solid

s2 DTR Estate - grey. Sadly dead bottom end bearing shells so kaput engine but there is one to go in - bodywork good and complete

s2 DTR Estate - light blue metallic - some welding around rain guttering IIRC. Again should be a runner with no engine issues but not had time to devote to coaxing it into life.

s2 GTi auto - grey - one dodgy patch of spilled damaged paint on the roof but complete and should run - closest to being on the road than most listed above

*I'm certain there'll be more to add to the list - with 60 cars one or two tend to fade in/out of the mind...

It must also be mentioned I never ever intended any of these to be sold on so I've never worried to much that they don't work on the button at the moment as I know they will. I always saw these as a bit of a hobby come retirement project where I rescued them in the past 20-25 years, fixed the obvious flaws with them and would spend my days recommissioning them and maybe selling the duplicates to fund the ones I wanted to keep long term ad infinitum.

Values are impossible to determine and as far as many are concerned they're priceless but how often does a metal bumper CX GTi Turbo1 or s2 Turbo2 come along for sale without generating keen interest. I've loved my turbos and to see them threatened with scrapping kills me. I'm really not in the mindset of trying to make money out of this situation I now find myself in. If I calculate how much moving each car by trailer with £25's worth of fuel just to get it anywhere else whether it's a scrapyard or another storage location and multiply it by 60, you can see where any money is going to go.

I need to spend the next few days info gathering and can then move forwards more confidently with what I have to tempt people which is why I just posted a feeling out interest thread earlier.

Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike » 03 May 2015, 00:51

I sent you a PM Andrew about an Activa but I'd also be interested in one of the CXs either the S2 GTi with the primer bonnet or the S2 T2 GTI grey complete was running...

Please pm me back.. would make a dream project for me.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

jonwend

Post by jonwend » 08 May 2015, 20:29

Really sorry you are having to move so much on. I just picked up a project last week from Somerset otherwise I would have dropped you a pm. I hope the cars are saved so good luck.

davoxx

Post by davoxx » 09 May 2015, 01:20

I am really sorry to hear of your hardship, you have a dream collection of the Citroens that I personally love, CXs/Activas/XMs. I hope you find storage.

davoxx

Post by davoxx » 09 May 2015, 01:44

Sent you a pm.

Ed900

Post by Ed900 » 14 Feb 2016, 19:15

Any left?

Stickyfinger
Donor 2016

Post by Stickyfinger » 14 Feb 2016, 19:19

bit late :)

Northerner
Locked user account

Post by Northerner » 14 Feb 2016, 19:59

Where's Andrew these days???

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Stickyfinger
Donor 2016

Post by Stickyfinger » 14 Feb 2016, 20:08

I have been wondering that since May 2015

Did anyone ever have his address/Surname/Area lived ?

Northerner
Locked user account

Post by Northerner » 14 Feb 2016, 20:11

Welsh Wales i understood.

myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Post by myglaren » 14 Feb 2016, 20:12

Someone (not on here) did reveal the location of part of his collection two or three years ago and it was vandalised so he isn't happy about his whereabouts being public knowledge.

Stickyfinger
Donor 2016

Post by Stickyfinger » 14 Feb 2016, 20:25

Admin could call him privately ?

myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Post by myglaren » 14 Feb 2016, 20:27

That is one possibility.
He is a very private person though Alasdair.

Northerner
Locked user account

Post by Northerner » 14 Feb 2016, 20:28

myglaren wrote:Someone (not on here) did reveal the location of part of his collection two or three years ago and it was vandalised so he isn't happy about his whereabouts being public knowledge.
Think he's in the South Wales area ... but hey, that's still a fair chunk of the country unless his 'collection', at that time, was parked across most of it :)